A little background
I've been making pots full-time for over 40 years, ever since graduating from Temple University's Tyler School of Art with a MFA in ceramics. Also during this time I've regularly taught ceramics. Taking a little time away from my studio keeps my ideas fresh.
Selected teaching experience:
• Greenwich House Pottery, New York City
• Clay Art Center, Port Chester, New York
• Sir Sandford Fleming College, Coburg and Belleville, Ontario
• Koffler Centre of the Arts, Toronto, Ontario
• Dundas Valley School of Art, Dundas, Ontario
• Haliburton School of Art, Haliburton, Ontario. Summer workshops and Sir Sandford Fleming College Certificate Program.
I've also conducted over 150 workshops, lectures, demonstrations, and critiques across Canada and the USA.
• Founding member of Artspace Gallery , Peterborough, Ontario
• Member of the Professional Craftsman's Advisory Committee for the Ontario Crafts Council
• Vice-President and later Chairman of Fusion, the Ontario Clay and Glass Association
• Juror for both the Ontario Crafts Council and Fusion, as well as for other guilds and art associations
• Featured in various publications including Fusion and Ceramics Monthly
• Exhibited in many juried, group, and one-person shows across Canada, in the USA, and internationally
Recent solo exhibitions:
- The Black Nail Project at David Kaye Gallery, Toronto, ON, July - Aug 2009 **read Globe and Mail review
- Teapots and More at the Carnegie Gallery, Dundas, ON, April 2013
- Structural Tea at Art Gallery of Burlington, Burlington, ON, May - Aug 2014
- All About Tea at David Kaye Gallery, Toronto, ON, Mar 2015